Saturday 30 June 2012

Starting a Presentation

In modern English, Presentations are usually much less formal than they have been even twenty years ago. Most viewers today favor a comparatively informal approach. Nonetheless, there's a sure structure to the opening of a Presentation that you must observe.

   1. Get people's consideration
   2. Welcome them
   3. Introduce yourself
   4. State the purpose of your presentation
   5. State how you wish to deal with questions

Get folks's attention

    * If I could have everybody's attention.
    * If we can start.
    * Maybe we should start?
    * Let's get started.

Welcome them

    * Welcome to Microsoft.
    * Thanks for coming today.
    * Good morning, women and gentlemen.
    * On behalf of Intel, I'd prefer to welcome you.

Introduce your self

    * My name's Jane Shaw. I am responsible for journey arrangements.
    * For those of you who don't know me, my title's Tom Stotter.
    * As you know, I'm in charge of public relations.
    * I am the brand new Marketing Manager.

State the purpose of your presentation

    * This morning I would like to current our new processor.
    * In the present day I might like to discuss our failures in the Japanese market and suggest a new approach.
    * This afternoon, I'd wish to report on my examine into the German market.
    * What I wish to do this morning is to speak to you about our new cellular phone system.
    * What I need to do is to tell you about our successes and failures in introducing new working patterns.
    * What I need to do is to show you how we have made our first profitable steps in the potentially large Chinese market.

State the way you want to deal with questions.

    * When you have any questions, I will be pleased to answer them as we go along.
    * Be happy to ask any questions.
    * Perhaps we are able to depart any questions you will have till the tip?
    * There will probably be loads of time for questions at the end.

Of course, these are solely recommendations and other language is possible. Even inside this restricted group of phrases, just select a number of you feel comfy with and study and use those.

0 comments:

Post a Comment