Saturday 30 June 2012

Signposting

After we are giving a presentation, there are certain key words we use to ’signpost’ completely different phases in our presentation. These phrases aren't troublesome to learn however it's absolutely important that you simply memorize them and can use them when you are underneath pressure giving a presentation.

Once you need to make your next level, you ‘transfer on’.

    * Transferring on to the following point.
    * I’d like to move on to the subsequent level if there are not any further questions

When you need to change to a very completely different subject, you ‘turn to’.

    *      I’d like to show to something fully different.
    *      Let’s flip now to our plans for next year.

Once you wish to give more details a few subject you ‘expand’ or ‘elaborate’.

    *      I’d prefer to broaden extra on this problem we have had in Chicago.
    *      Would you want me to expand a little bit more on that or have you understood enough?
    *      I don’t need to elaborate any extra on that as I’m wanting time.

When you wish to speak about something which is off the topic of your presentation, you ‘digress’.

    *      I’d prefer to digress right here for a second and simply say a word of because of Bob for organizing this meeting.
    *      Digressing for a second, I’d prefer to say a couple of words about our issues in Chicago.

Once you want to refer again to an earlier point, you ‘go back’.

    *      Going again to one thing I said earlier, the state of affairs in Chicago is serious.
    *      I’d like to go back to one thing Jenny said in her presentation.

To just give the outline of a point, you ’summarize’.

    *      If I might simply summarize just a few factors from John’s report.
    *      I don’t have a lot of time left so I’m going to summarize the following few points.

To repeat the details of what you could have mentioned, you ‘recap’.

    *      I’d wish to quickly recap the details of my presentation.
    *      Recapping quickly on what was mentioned before lunch,……

To your remaining remarks, you ‘conclude’.

    *      I’d prefer to conclude by leaving you with this thought ……
    *      If I could conclude by quoting Karl Marx …….

0 comments:

Post a Comment