Saturday 30 June 2012

Public Speaking: FREQUENCY CHECK

It's pretty frequent to have multiple wi-fi microphones going throughout the same public talking engagement. The AV crew that sets all the things up normally makes certain that they're all on totally different frequencies in order that no cross over occurs. You need to still double verify it anyway. BUT WHAT ABOUT MICE?

When speaking in Thailand last week I ran right into a situation that has by no means happened to me or the opposite seasoned presenter before. We every had a Logitech Trackman RF Mouse. RF stands for "Radio Frequency" which signifies that the wi-fi mouse doesn't must be in line of sight with the receiver like an infra red mouse would. It also signifies that I couldn't preserve my mouse from transferring the cursor on his laptop (the opposite guy was on proper after me with no break).

We tried each trick we might consider with no luck We lastly determined to close my whole system down shortly after I used to be finished and boot his up as quick as we might whereas he made some opening feedback to the crowd.

With more and more wi-fi know-how getting used throughout presentations you must completely take a look at all methods and think about presenters who're on both before and after you. That is but another excuse to be there early and find out what's going on throughout other programs. Had we not observed this ahead of time he would have had a really shaky beginning to his program . .. if the program have been switched . . . it may have been me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment